Never Again

Arlene passed the florist’s shop and noticed something different. Margret had lilies. She never kept lilies. “Today must be a special day,” she thought and walked ahead.

She overheard a conversation between two elderly women walking their dogs, “Violence... these kids” one of them grumbled.

“Did these women have anything better to do in life, other than gossip?” she wondered. She reached the campus and found it comparatively empty. It had begun to drizzle. Although she hated the rain, she enjoyed the tiny droplets falling on her forehead, as she crossed the large campus garden.

As she climbed up the stairs that led to the principal’s office, she froze. She could almost picture him, in that large heavily decorated office, with leather chairs and bronze vases. She could almost hear him.

“Never again shall you dare to venture into the college library.”
“Never again shall you see the face of a scholarship.”
“Never again will you be considered eligible for student elections.”
“Never again shall you dare do what you have done today.”

She could almost hear herself, “It was their fault, I swear I didn’t do it” she sobbed.
“Oh!”, he barked sarcastically, “I’m sure they must have painted the laboratory too? Afterall, you are the most brilliant student of the university. You couldn’t possibly lie!”

“Please believe me,” she had begged, “they thought I would tell on them. It wasn’t me. It wasn’t me.”

“Never again shall you set foot in the institution, you juvenile freak! Get out!”
The sound of thunder brought her back to reality. He was wrong. Here she was, standing on the very campus she had been kicked off, two years ago. Things however, were different today. Dark clouds gathered overhead. Her shoes were soaked by now. She walked up to the principal’s door and paused. “Should I knock or should I just walk in?” she debated with herself.
Finally, she walked in. He was furious, “How dare you!”. She stretched her hand out in his direction.

“Never again, eh?” she said, and pulled the trigger.



Crappy no? Deal with it.

9 comments:

Aj Mercy said...

that was freaking awsome..

i love stories with a sudden yet devilish revenge...

keep pulling
(the triger(no dirty thoghtz))

Lolz...

Aj...

My Foot? said...

@Aj:
I was thinking of making her some powerful stinky richie at the end, but then I thought, "what the heck, let's just kill him".

Thank you for the comment. :)

Unknown said...

Hey i gotta kill my HOD too, can you send her over?

krist0ph3r said...

have you been reading too much of nothingman's stuff? i can see traces of influence ;)

nice one one btw :)

My Foot? said...

@Kris:
Damn! Yes, I have :D
Must get back my original Shmoo-i-ness.

Anonymous said...

It's a pity that you don't write often. Keep up the good work girl. Keep writing and keep us glued to your pen. Hope to see you someday on my blog too. Although I don't write this good, yet, you never know but you might, you just might find something interesting there :)

My Foot? said...

@Rajtilak.net:
Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you liked the story. I did pay a visit to your blog. You're an excellent writer. Hope to see you here often :)

Suhas said...

Wow... that is sooo "neat"!! I have an exam tomorrow and i'm reading this stuff...Ha!!

Shamanth Huddar said...

Holy frik! lol!!!

brilliant, brilliant!!!!