Happy Anniversary Darling...

Susan and Clyde had been married for ten years now. Today, on their 10th Wedding Anniversary, he gifted her, a gorgeous deep red gown. They had just finished drinking coffee, when he handed her a letter. It was a pretty letter, decorated with glitter and little red hearts.

Susan unfolded it, and began to read…

“My lovely Susan,

Its been wonderful being married to you for so long. You haven’t changed one bit. You’ve given me the perfect married life I always dreamed of. Every morning, I love to wake up to your beautiful face. You look like such an angel when you are asleep, and such a goddess with those strands of wet hair dancing across your face.

I’ve wished that I could make every moment spent with you, last an eternity. Joe and Merlyn must be a real handful, but you’ve never complained. I wish I could celebrate this day, and you, everyday of my life. You deserve so much more than I’ve managed to give you, or than I ever will. I know I should be giving you so much more time, but being assistant managing director really takes its toll.

That reminds me, I’ve been promoted to Managing Director now. I wanted to tell you this earlier, but I never got the chance. Do you know when I got the promotion? It was a month ago, when I had gone on the business tour to Japan. I returned a day early, around eleven in the night. The lights had been switched off, so I assumed you’ll were asleep. I unlocked the door and decided to give you a surprise, but when I reached our room, I saw you and Richard in each other’s arms – giggling, laughing away, with that special bottle of champagne your “Aunt Celine” gifted us, while I was away on business.

Believe me, I was devastated, but I decided not to create a scene at that moment. I wouldn’t want the kids to see you and Richard like that. What would we tell them? They adore you Susan, it would really crush them. So I left and spent the night in the hotel down the street. I kept trying to deny the truth that was staring me right in the eye, but I couldn’t. I’ve spent many sleepless nights thereafter. But seeing you and Richard together explained a lot – like why you used to wear that special expensive perfume to Richard’s grocery store, or why you took ages to open the front door when I came home early from work.

I dedicated ten years of my life to you. I know the smartest thing to do would be file for a divorce, but that would tell horribly on the kids. And I couldn’t let that happen.

So I called Richard over while you were away, and thought I could sort things out. I tried not to lose my mind, but it’s a little difficult after someone you love stabs you in the back, and the person she stabbed you for, is sitting right across the table. So I broke his head with the golf club, the one you gifted me last summer. Ironic isn’t it?! His body is lying in the basement, and I’ll figure something out about it later. Don’t worry darling, he didn’t suffer, and neither shall you. By the way, I poisoned your coffee. I’m sorry, but you’re too beautiful to bludgeon to death.

I love you,
Happy Anniversary Darling…”


The letter fell out of Susan’s hand. The room began to spin around her. She began to shiver. Blood trickled out her nose as she hit the floor.

Clyde got up and slipped a suicide note into her hand. He burned the letter on the gas stove. The clock stuck four. He left to pick up the kids from school.

11 comments:

krist0ph3r said...

wow. i just didn't see it coming.

keep it up!

∂αѕ ¢нαмäℓєση said...

Aweeesssooooooooommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeee :D

Me wants more!!! :D

Florence R. said...

Today's Lesson: Cheating comes with it's price.

I hope to goodness that Clyde didn't dirty the floor carpets.
I also hope he gets away with it. =)

Vish said...

hey.... this could well make the climax of a thriller movie :)

goodie !!

Winnie the poohi said...

awesome honey!!

too good!

Ishaan said...

nxt time sanjay gupta makes a movie...m recommending u as the writer

Dude, Your car is here. said...

errr..why 3 blogs? damn i just read 3 articles on the other one..put them all in one na..will make much simpler reading..awesome stuff though!

Dude, Your car is here. said...

oooh..now i get it..! 'the story book'! how silly of me:)

Anish Prasad said...

Beware of Sanjay Gupta..he and his reservoir dogs could be prowling Around...

Arr0w said...

Oh my. Almost Roald Dahl-esque.
But you don't write these yourself?

Mrinalini said...

loved it..creepy and cool :)